That’s the question all Spartan fans have following a shocking 3-9 season that saw MSU win just one BIG conference game. Graduations, players being dismissed, youth, injuries and some coaching mistakes from Mark Dantonio and his staff all played a role, not to mention lacklaster and inconsistent quarterback play.
As MSU heads into an early offseason, here are some links about what may have happened this year in East Lansing and how the Spartans can recover.
- Here’s a compelling article from The Only Colors on what went wrong and how to make it right in 2017. Note the amount of experience that many young players received this year for MSU.
- Before the Penn State game, columnist Mike Gross put some of the reasons for the struggles on MSU’s offensive line and QB play.
- Spartan Avenue has some of the biggest disappointments in 2016 – and there were many.
- There are brighter days ahead for the Spartans, according to The Detroit News.
- The schedule has changed – and 2016 Group of 5 darling Western Michigan is still coming to East Lansing.